Friday, November 19, 2010

Aaah Piss!!!!

It's mid November. They are spraying again! They are spraying the field right in front of the house. It makes me want to cry! The chemical they are using is an organophosphate, Bromoxynil, really toxic and dangerous. It volatizes for 9 days.

That means I'm locked inside the house for 9 days. I can't work my horses, I can't potty the dogs. I can't even safely drive myself to the doctors next Tuesday. I could get a hit so bad that I'll "crash" on the way and get stranded. Even the door opening and closing as my family members go in and out, is a risk. The outside air rushes in and with it, the pesticides! Aaaarrrrgh!

Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful that they are letting me know. That does help. I'm grateful that they are being careful about windspeed and direction. I make a point of expressing my appreciation and being cheerful when they call. It's just that I know this is going to hurt. It's going to hurt me bad. And there's nothing I can do to prevent it.

I know what you're thinking, Stop it! Do you know how many times people ask that? If there was a safe place I could go, don't you think I'd go there? I used to go to my mother and father in-laws, but my one sister in-law, got jealous of our relationship and started putting on fragrance and coming over and deliberately toxing me. So, it's no longer safe. There's no point in running to a toxic safe house.

Sure, I have other family and friends, but it takes a special kind of person to be willing to go to that much inconvenience to make sure that their home is safe for someone as sensitive as I am. I know very few people that would do that, within a distance that I could drive. Remember how I explained earlier that it is extremely difficult to identify that which you can neither see nor feel? Well, most people clean to the limit of their perception. Then, they truly believe that it's clean enough, and become offended if you infer otherwise.

I've battened down the hatches. I've brought in firewood. - burning a fire draws the toxins out of the inside air and burns them off. I use non toxic, non paraffin candles, too.

Research shows that in 98% of 2,4D applications within 500 ft. Of homes, a substantial amount ends up in the home. Even when the home is closed up and on windless days. This chemical is a 2,4D mixture. DRIFT! This is going to hurt. My kidneys are already damaged. I've been peeing brown off and on for days.

I remember an article I read about religious and political prisoners in China. When they are first sentenced to prison, they are told that they will receive 2 beatings. One when they first arrive and a second one, anytime during their sentence. They are assured that the 2nd will be much worse than the first. The first beating is to within an inch of their life. The expectation is debilitating. This is like that. Any spray event could be worse. Any spray event, could kill me.

It's so wrong. It is morally and ethically wrong for the country that styles itself the leader in civil rights and justice to deliberately poison any group of it's people.

No comments:

Post a Comment