Friday, November 12, 2010

Good News!

I'm getting my hunting poodle! Oh, boy! O' boy, O' boy! I don't know which one yet, but I'm very excited. I like to check the website and see the latest posts of pictures and videos. www.promisedlandpoodles.com  Very cute! My trainer, Krystal, is giving me lots of homework. I'm enjoying it thoroughly. It's great exercise for the mind and another layer of the toxic injury onion to peel.  So much to know.

I found out some interesting tidbits while researching optimal dog food: Many dog foods that contain certain ingredients have been found to contain euthanizing chemicals. Here's a quote from an FDA report. "... rendered or hydrolyzed ingredients and the presence of pentobarbital in dog food. The ingredients Meat and Bone Meal (MBM), Beef and Bone Meal (BBM), Animal Fat (AF), and Animal Digest (AD) are rendered or hydrolyzed from animal sources that could include euthanized animals." I have in my files somewhere, an article, that raises similar concerns about "by-products." Specifically, it was highlighting the tendency for diseased and rotting animals, as well as feces, to be included in the mix. 


I've also found some very nice products for flea and tick control. They are much safer. No poisons. One, has some castor oil. While I know this is toxic, it's been used for decades as a liniment and is commonly accepted. I spoke to the company, and I'm waiting to see if they change the recipe...


It would be nice not to have to make everything from scratch.


I joined a pet health news letter from Dr. Mercola and Dr. Becker (vet). They are on the same page, as far as consumer product and environmental toxins. They are a great resource and have safer products.


I made hand lotion and lip balm. This I did mostly for fun! It wasn't that hard, and it is nice to have products that are entirely safe. My lip balm is so much nicer than commercial brands. It stays on for hours. My hand lotion worked out better than I expected. Looks like real hand lotion, and lasts a lot longer, as well. I found that the tiniest dab was all I needed. I used some of my own organic lavender, so it has just the lightest hint of safe fragrance. I think that most personal care products that use essential oils instead of "fragrance" make it way too smelly. I also put in immune system boosters and cancer fighting agents. Its lovely. 


I've been working my horses. O.k., so not yesterday ~ another sick day, but several times now. I so enjoy it. The weather has been crisp and cool.  You know how I like getting outside.


Does anyone besides me think that it was more than coincidence that when I was working Mariah this last time: Mrs. Evil drove by on her way to town - saw me and slowed way down to glare: Then 5-10 minutes later, Mr. Evil ran out of the house, got on a tractor with a hay mow on the front and drove over to his shed, next to the fence. He appeared to be bringing hay to put in the shed. Then when Ryan and I went in - he quit.  Even better, when we went to the Dr.s later that day, there wasn't any hay moved... LOL


I laugh because, he didn't manage to tox me with his diesel fumes from the tractor. In the past, he's done that. Drove over to the fence and left his tractor idling close to or up wind of where I was working. He'd get off and just leave it there. (and yes, he knew it would hurt me.) I'd had to quit. and go inside.  I didn't this time... I'm getting better! LOL!











No comments:

Post a Comment