Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Slogging Forward

Perhaps I should have called it the "Ides of March." Anyway, it has been an uneventful, tedious, pressing forward with the mundane and unglamorous grunt work of life. That crap that every adventurer goes through in order to have an adventure, but rarely writes about, because, quite frankly, their reader will realize they are really no different. All the mystique will be gone.

Since I've never intended to dazzle you, but rather provide a window into the world of those disabled by Toxic Injury, I won't leave out the more boring aspects of the adventure. I won't even try to pretty them up a bit. (i.e. lie) I'll just paint it like it is.

The hardest thing to teach Rose is housebreaking. We have a lot of tile floors, and as one of the trainers said, it's nearly impossible to teach a dog not to pee on a concrete (or similar) floor. Sigh. She's 17 weeks now and some days I think she's got it. Somedays she doesn't. On those days, she "lets go," every 30 min. I'm persevering, but on fibro ravaged feet. It's taking up the majority of my energy. Of course I continue to work the other aspects of training, in and around this, but being exhausted takes the fun out of it.

Into this comes tax season. I get the mundanity of organizing all the papers reports and receipts. Collating, data entry, Pee-uw. I press forward. As a reward for completing the taxes, I'll get to shear sheep. Yeah! I'm pinning my hopes on that.

We didn't breed this year, due to the high volume of pesticides, so no lambs. Both my neighbors are having lambs. Yesterday both had delivery problems... Interesting. I wonder if I counted back the gestation period, if it would come out around a spray time... Hmmmmm. Nobody tests for these things.

My daughter and son-in-law are moving back to town, as my daughter is finely graduating. This fills me with joy, yet brings more work in preparing for their return. I feel like I must be improving. With everything on my plate, I still don't feel completely overwhelmed. In years past I would have been. So while I'm tired and over worked, I'm not undone. That is a plus.

Did I share with you that I had Rose titer tested for protection from Parvo and Distemper after only one vaccination? She came back with such high numbers, she's protected for life. More people should do titers on their pets. There's no need to repeat the vaccinations in most cases. Actually, titers should be done on people too.

On that note, it's back to the taxes!

No comments:

Post a Comment