Tuesday, June 28, 2011

I'm Sorry, I've Been Avoiding You

It wasn't intentional. It's just that I should probably continue my story, and well, I haven't been able to bring myself to review my diaries yet. It is so painful and traumatic that I get PTSD. In fact we just had a little calf born this weekend. My husband, Ron, informed me that it was born without one eye being completely developed. Since I know what pesticides and when they were applied on the BT corn up wind from us, and what they do to gestating fetuses, I pretty much know what happened. Brings back way too many bad memories of that time... I start shaking just thinking about it, this calf I mean. I lost a lot of animals, thru that next phase of the story and their deaths were horrific. Of course the vet told me that tests don't exist or you literally have to take the fat or liver sample the moment before they die, in order to have it run. Rather goulish, isn't it? Then you have to know what to look for. Back then, I didn't. The vet didn't even realize it was the pesticides, and didn't believe me until the "coincidences" began to stack up. Currently I'm on my 8th day of lock down from their spraying of Option, Status and Impact. It was supposed to be one of the first two and the Impact. It's the Status that's keeping me in. It contains Dicamba and 2,4-D. It's a highly toxic, volatile mix. 2,4-D volatizes for 5-8 days. I checked this morning. Apparently, the combination is longer. Dicamba is known to drift for 5-10 miles! I can't believe that this stuff is still legal. They know it's highly toxic and that it drifts for 10 miles, for 8 days, and they let everybody use it. I mean everybody. It's sold under 400 brand names and it's used extensively on lawns, golf courses and parks... Its also used to kill Mosquitos. So not only is it used to kill broadleaf weeds for crops, but in urban areas as well. And people wonder at the increase in chronic diseases world wide? They wonder why we see more incidences of rage? Sheesh!

Well, for the next little while, I'm just going to blog the usual stuff. I'll keep trying to get those journals read. I'm thinking I may give you the story in two parts: what happened to my livestock, then what happened to me. They happened at the same time, but I don't think I can handle reliving both at once.

Hope you have a great day. I'm still recovering from this latest spray event.

No comments:

Post a Comment