Wednesday, November 23, 2011

The Amazing Rosie!

I wanted to share a story I posted to my FB page on Nov. 13th about my incredible service dog Rosie.

"Yesterday was a hard day. I started having exposure reactions to something in the house, at about 4:30 a.m. It went on all day. I hung on through endless waves of chest pain, back pain, arm pit pain, neck & jaw pain as well as arhythmia's. My stomach was bloated and inflamed, I was throwing up my stomach lining and it felt like it was trying to turn itself inside out and crawl backup my esophagus. I had a pituitary head ache, weakness and further blindness in my right eye. It finally subsided by about 6:30 p.m.

At that time, I drug my sorry, exhausted ass upstairs. It was then I remembered I was going to change the cool summer sheets for the cozy flannel ones... I didn't have the strength. BUT Rosie did! I have taught Rosie to pull off sox, leg warmers and pants. This is a tremendous help when I get so bloated and swollen that I can't bend or pull.

When I was trying to pull the sheet out of the drawer, she came over to help. Together, we got it out of the drawer. Then she drug it over to the bed. She put it up on the bed on command and I was able to spread it out and put it on. We went back for the flat sheet and she pulled that one out as well. She brought it over and put it up on the bed. This was so amazing! I mean, yes I was asking her to do it, I just didn't expect her to.

I was getting even more exhausted so I asked her to help me pull the sheet into place and straighten it out. I'd point to a corner and give her the commands and she would pull it until I told her to stop. Then she helped me do the same with the blankets and bedspread. Its hard to believe but, Rosie makes beds!"

No comments:

Post a Comment