Friday, November 18, 2011

A Cause

One of my lovely sister's lost her job and is devastated. She is experiencing the same isolation and despair TIs go through when they get jettisoned from society. Suddenly abandoned, feeling worthless and spiraling into depression. You know the worst thing about it is that she didn't do anything wrong. She is honest, ethical and genuinely concerned about both her staff and those in their care. Her work ethics didn't fit with the new management company, so they used her to make the transition, then fired her without cause. A casualty of 'profit margins.'

She was pretty shaken. She doubted herself and was becoming depressed. So, I shared what I've learned in the past 7.5 years of confinement and predominantly isolation. You need a cause. When you have a cause that you believe in, it takes the focus off yourself and allows healing to come in.

I'm sharing this with you today, my readers, in case you find yourself in living conditions that compel you into depression. If you can help one other person a day, your life can become a blessing. When your life is a blessing, you yourself are blessed. It's amazing. :-) Its wonderful to feel valued, even when the rest of your life is in the toilette.

I have several causes, that I actively work to support. Of course I have a lot of time on my hands... And I figured with my injury, I most likely don't have much time left. It is a good practice to "live every day like it's your last." I never could take that seriously until I got this disease. Now It is my reality. Talk about "lighting a stick of dynamite under 'neath me' to get me motivated!

My sister was searching for a cause and tried many different ideas. She found that it was necessary for the cause to be inspiring enough to outshine the depression. She says "keep searching until you find the right one!"

No comments:

Post a Comment