Wednesday, November 23, 2011

I Feel a Little Naked

I checked my stats today. I had no idea how many of you were reading my blog! First, I'd like to say, "Thank you!" Many times I'm writing along, thinking I'm mostly talking to myself, and pretending that there are actually people out there who are reading it. I feel very humbled that you are there. I also feel a little naked. GFETE (Grinning from Ear to Ear) It's the pouring out my life, with all the gruesome details of my condition. It makes me feel vulnerable. When I first started writing, it was because I was inspired by my youngest sister who rode acrossed America on horseback. She put everything on the line. She made herself vulnerable. And she grew tremendously because of it. I had decided that I was going to do that too. It's just a little easier when you think you are all alone... Kinda like when you think your alone with the baby and your making all kinds of googley faces and you look up to catch 3 people standing in a doorway watching you, grinning from ear to ear. Kind of like that, heh, heh.

I know that many of you probably know first hand what it feels like to be me, you are TI yourselves. You probably know all about feeling vulnerable. We are. I figure many of you know someone who's TI, you probably 'get it' too, though the magnitude is different. Some of you are just learning about it, and I pray you never experience being TI, or a loved one in your lives being TI and that as you read my posts perhaps you'll begin to understand us and be able to help someone in the future.

Part of why I'm writing this is to provide answers or insights to others. Part is so that what I've learned and experienced doesn't die with me. Part is just crying out in the darkness, alone, afraid and feeling forgotten. Thanks for being there, it helps me to feel less alone.
:-}

No comments:

Post a Comment