Friday, March 30, 2012

If It's Not One Thing...

This has been a heck of a week. On Monday my son-in-law, Justin, got a kidney stone. On Tuesday my husband had to take him to the ER. Later I look out and see someone drilling something on the evil neighbor's field. It's not the usual guy, who works with me and calls me before he puts down chemicals. Mr. Evil rents his property to other farmers. So I call the usual guy and leave him a message asking if he knows anything about who, or what...

I get a call back later. Mr. Evil has rented his field to Jack Bellinger. The same guy who rented property adjacent to mine, all those consecutive years and lied about what he was putting down. Remember his famous statement, "It's just fertilizer." And it wasn't "just" fertilizer! It was fertilizer plus chlorothalonil, the chemical that uptakes cellular glutathione and destroys immune systems. This guy is, in large part, responsible for my disability. This year, they put an irrigation circle on that field, so I know he's going to be there for a long time. That's a big investment. That made me sick to my stomach.

Later that same evening, my son-in-law had to go back into the ER. And I've been caring for him most of the week. if there's one thing I know a lot about, it's being sick. He's doing better today. Finally, poor guy. The stone passed, but the Meds are making him pretty sick.

Today, my daughter & son-in-law are signing a rental agreement on an apartment, and moving out. I don't think they'll get completely moved out this weekend. Justin won't be able to lift anything much for a few days. But my daughter and my husband will move quite a bit. Then when Justin feels better, they can move the big stuff.

Life goes on. I'm not calling Mr. Bellinger, yet. No use starting the antagonism until I need to. He won't like me telling him to inform me of what he puts down again. It won't matter how nicely I say it. He's one of those belligerent people that hates doing anything they are told to, or should. Sigh. I sure wish there was someone in our government that recognised the need for people like me to be protected, and wrote a law that we had to be informed, and that they had to use the least toxic product, that will get the job done. I feel like a sitting duck. And, there is nowhere safer to go. What to do? The last time I went into this, it didn't work out so good...

No comments:

Post a Comment