Monday, March 10, 2014

New Treatments, Better Outcomes, Clawing My Way Out of the Pit

Three weeks. Its been 3 weeks since my last IV glutathione shot. I ended up doing one this morning at 5:00, but 3 weeks apart is waaaaaay better than 3 days! I've been seeing Barbara Poe, my acupuncturist since the first part of January. My energy is way up, my achalasia is healing. This last weekend I made T-bone steaks, bbq planked sweet potatoes, and herbed green beans for my son-in-law's birthday dinner. I was able to eat a moderate amount of potatoes, and small amounts of steak and green beans, cut very small, no puking. I made chocolate pudding cake for desert; it was too rich. I puked that up. But, I kept the healthy food! Yay! 

Along with the acupuncture, Barbara has me doing coffee enemas. I've resisted this treatment for a long time. Dr. Smith wanted me to do it sometime ago. Its just, "eeeuuwww!" However, she insisted it will help my body make glutathione. I immediately found I could do with out an IV until today. Thats a big difference. I gave in this morning because my liver was hard and distended. It hurt. I couldn't be disabled today.

I have Joey every morning, 6:30 - 10:30 for the next 3 months (starting last week). He's very active. He's walking, playing ball with the dog and hide and seek with me. We've been having a lovely time. He is off baby food, so I have to be sure to have stuff ready for him. Since he's eating breakfast at 5:30, I'm serving lunch at 10:00. Hey! He's supposed to be here already! I hope they remembered to set their clocks ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment