Monday, October 26, 2015

The Best Time of My Year

Finally! Ag season is winding down! For me, this is the best time of the year. Chemical applications are substantially decreased. I can't say 'ended' because someone may decide to drill or fumigate the soil. But there are far more days that I can actually function, and even get something done outside. Inside, too. I have a lot more energy. O' yeah, I'm finally eating again! I even ate meat! Crock pot chili. Very well cooked meat, but meat just the same. And lots of tomatoes and peppers. Finally! I'm dreaming of pizza. Maybe in November. Ahh, yummm (dream, dream)!

Yesterday I cleaned the sheep shed. I was finally able to get the rest of the wool bags stitched up and stored. I kept trying during the summer, but kept getting toxed, too much ambient pesticide. I still need to clean the chicken house. Its on the list. And lots and lots of weeding! @@

I've stitched up some new curtains for the kitchen. They are roman shades/window blankets. I'm hoping they'll last longer if they're thicker. I'm waiting on parts: Curtain cord rings. I ordered them last week, Prime, but they aren't here yet. Amazon is letting me down! I'll try to remember to post a pic when I get them hung. 

I'll be babysitting Joey and his new brother, Toby, tomorrow while "Mommy" goes to the dentist. Toby is just over a month old. Next week I'll be doing full time daycare. Well, we'll see how it goes. If I'm not up to taking care of both, Joey-boy can go to the daycare he attends when I'm not available. My daughter would like to keep Toby out of daycare as long as we can. I'm guessing that's until the first application for next season. Last year it was in January... 

Well, lots to catch up on, so I'd best get moving! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment