Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Achalasia Smack Down

Its 2:30 a.m.. I'm up, hunched in my chair, struggling to resolve another round of adverse reactions that started with achalasia rearing up its ugly head. All I wanted was to eat some nice green vegetables for lunch. Its not like they were raw or even close! They were well cooked brussel sprouts. I was feeling pretty good. Nomsign of regurge. It seemed like a perfect day for soft, well cooked veggies. It wasn't long after I ate them that I knew it had been a mistake. Achalasia smacked me down hard. Those bits of brussel sprout hadn't gone through. They'd piled up on top of my LES while my esophagus fought to shove yhem down. When they wouldn't go down dysphagia kicked in and it felt like they were clawing their way back up, one piece at a time. And they were sticking part way. It felt like my esophagus was working in reverse, tomsqueeze them slowly upward. It wasn't very long at all before my throat was scraped raw. But that didn't matter. I wasn't done gagging all the pieces up yet. It hadonly taken  me minutes to eat them. It took hours to expel them. 

I tried everything I could think of to ease the pain and help the process along. I drank water to ease them out. You know, kind of float them a little, and wash them out. I drank half-n-half to coat my scraped raw throat. I finally stopped regurging around 6:00 p.m.. I was tired. My throat was painfully raw. But it was over. Or so I thought. I went to bed hoping for a relatively peaceful night. Only I got woke up around one. More regurge. Stomach pain. Chest, lymph and back pain. Here we go again! 

I did all the protocols and felt a little better between 3:00-3:30. Then it resurged at "bloat." I had to try to invent a whole new set of protocals. Not sure which one(s) did it. Finally dropped off to sleep at 6:30 a.m. 

No comments:

Post a Comment