Thursday, April 27, 2017

Doing Taxes and Slogging Through Symptoms

Sunday April 2, 2017

5:55 a.m.
Rough night. Lots of chest congestion. Coughed hard all night. Too many exposures in town. I woke with a headache. Lack of sleep or dehydration? Struggling to get coffee in.

7:30 p.m.
I took Rosie out, fed her her breakfast and got right to work on our taxes. I took some breaks to take Rosie out, and stretch. Then made dinner for us both at 5:00 p.m., and went back to it until 7:00 p.m. I made good progress. I have a list of questions for Ron. I may be going up to OHV to phone him tomorow. Still not getting much in. I've regurged just about everything I've eaten today. It was another bright sunny day and I had all the windows and doors open again.

Monday April 3, 2017

I had more trouble in the night, it was about 3:30 a.m.. It was lung congestion, coughing and choking on copious, thick, gelatinous mucus. I managed to fall back asleep though. Rosie woke me by licking my eyelid around 7:30 a.m.. I was pleased that Rosie was feeling good enough to lick me. Then I realized I was not doing at all well. Every cell in my body was shaking and I felt so weak and sick I could barely stand. Circling the drain. I had no idea what had caused this!  I tried coffee but still couldn't get it in. It took all the energy I had just to make it. I didn't know what was causing my problems and started running through everything I could think of to deal with it. It was horrible because I knew I needed to do stuff but I had no energy to do it. I'd scrounge up every bit of energy I could muster, then do one thing. Then I'd have to rest before I attempted another. It was like slow motion panic. Eventually I took Rosie out, but we didn't walk. We went just far enough so she could pee. I had to rest before making her breakfast. I gave myself B12 and glutathione shots but didn't get the relief I was hoping for. The shaking stopped but not the pain in every tissue, joint and bone. Purely by accident I figured out there was something toxic on the memory stick I'd got from Ron. Nothing I could smell, but when I just happened to put it away, I started feeling better. I got a zip lock bag and sealed it inside. I drank a bunch of water with cellfood and C. At one point in there I gagged up a "large" (for me) piece of carrot. Apparently thats been clogging me up for a couple of weeks. At least I think it was carrot. I didn't look too closely. It was orange. After that I was able to get more liquids in. I ate yogurt with supplements and seem to hang on to most of it. I even felt good enough to finish the section of tax documents I had left. But I'd get tired out fast. I rested a lot. Then I slowly stowed everything and drove us up to OHV so I could give Ron the update and email him my list of questions. The gate was closed and locked. I didn't think it had been long enough since the glyphosate exposure so I wasn't going to even try to get out and open it. I found a place along the road that still got cell and internet reception, even though it was weak. It was sufficient enough that I was able to email Ron the questions and download a document I needed. Then we came back. I didn't set completely back up. First I made a bowl of slightly warmed cake batter. It has lots of proteins, sugar and fats, but texture wise, its a lot like eating snot. Its because of the raw egg whites. After that I started feeling like I had energy so I took Rosie out for a meandering walk. Not too far. I did plenty of resting for most of the afternoon. I made eggnog at 4:00 p.m., Rosie food at 5:00 p.m., and herbal tea at 6:00 p.m.. I'm already tired enough to go to bed. That was my Monday. 😣

Tuesday April 4, 2017

I went to bed last night at 7:00 p.m.. I slept clear through until 3:30 a.m. when the coughing woke me. It was much better than previous nights. But the congestion was much dryer, so it was harder to cough up. After I got it all coughed out I was too awake to go back to sleep. I tried, but it was pointless. I gave up and got up, it wasn't yet 5:00 a.m.. Last night was the longest contiguous hours that I've slept in... years, maybe. 8.5 hrs. I reheated what was left of yesterdays pot of coffee. You know why; can't waste water. It went in pretty smooth. That was lovely.😋 

Wednesday April 5, 2017

I slept through the detox hour! No coughing! No regurgitating! I started the night with coughing so I thought it was going to be a rough one. I worked hard at coughing stuff out, and figured I'd be up all night doing it. I was thrilled to be wrong.  Somewhere in there I fell asleep, and didn't wake up until after 5:30 a.m.. What a wonderful way to start the day! The second great thing, the back window was dry! It just keeps getting better; I got my first cup of coffee in! 

I got all the new information processed by noon yesterday. After that I played wii. I also took Rosie on a longer walk down to the lower gate. It was a pretty good day, except I played wii too long and my hands and wrists are sore. Today I think I'll find productive things to do. Probably spinning. I have a few repair/modification projects I've been wanting to work on, but I'll have to wait and see on those. 

11:20 a.m.
It was overcast to start with, but now the clouds are breaking up and the sun is streaming through. I did some spinning first thing, while listening to praise music. I noticed Rosie needed her nails trimmed, which led to a complete brushing out. I did a thorough skin check. Most of her lesions are healed, except on her haunches. I worked at breaking up the large pieces of dead skin that were coming off and brushing them out of her hair. Mostly I just got them broken up. They didn't want to come out of her fur. She needs a real bath as much as I do. Since her seat cover was littered with dead skin cells I had to shake that out outside. While I was at it I shook out all her seat covers and all the throw rugs. Then I swept the floors and cleaned the heater filters. I'd worked up quite a sweat so I heated water, did the dishes, did a sink bath and gave Rosie one as well. Then I mopped up the water that had dripped all over the floors from Rosie's bath. She thought it wax a new game. Finally I did a little laundry in the sink and hung it to dry in the shower. 


Thursday April 6, 2017

I got bored yesterday afternoon and played wii again. I was kind of shocked to see a guy hurrying past my window. No, not on the Wii, a real guy. I think he must be the land owner behind the park. The one that runs the cows. He was walking down the skid road behind my RV. Maybe he was checking fences and gates. He wasn't carrying anything with him. When we went out later I smelled bleach real bad. It burnt my eyes and throat. They must be shocking water troughs. I immediately started coughing again and regurging. I didn't get it to settle down until late in the night. My throat still burns this morning. 

I won't decide wether to run up the mountain until later this morning. Bored, so I'll play wii, and try to come up with something else to work on.

Friday April 7, 2017

I did drive up the mountain. My email sucked in the answers to the last set of questions. I tried to download the updates to my tax program. I had to run the generater to run my computer. It still leaks fumes into the RV when the hatch door is shut. I couldn't get out. I needed to update. I had to live with it.

At 2 hrs I had half, then it glitched and I lost it. I gave up and made a different plan: I'll drive down the mountain to Ron's office to update and get my state when I've done everything else. I'll finish those when I'm there, and can send a pdf for Ron to print out. 

I got real sick from the fumes. I was up coughing hard all night. I got the RV aired out today and completed everything I'd received by 3:00 p.m..

I made bowl of cake without the egg white, for lunch, much easier to get down. Then made cream of rice for dinner. I also got in some herbal tea. That was a lot to actually get in and retain. 

Going to bed early tonight.


Saturday April 8, 2017

3:30 a.m.
I woke up at 2:00 a.m., to pee, and couldn't get back to sleep. I started coughing. We'd had a little rain so I thought there might be a little leaking/dampness that was causing me problems, so I got up. I haven't been able to calk; its been too cold. I'm making coffee. I'll probably read. I might nap on the sofa if I can convince Rosie to give up a little bit of the space she's appropriated. 

6:14 a.m.
I opened the blinds to find that it had snowed in the night. Rosie and I went out to walk in it. Its still snowing. 



12:00 p.m.
I finally was able to wash my hair! Heavenly. I emptied the grey water. We're waiting for Ron.


Sunday April 9, 2017

The sun came out and melted most of the snow by noon. The weather alternated between sunny, barely above 40° and blizzards most of the day. It was sunny while Ron was here. We walked around the camp ground. His surgery sights were still painful and sitting so long on the drive up makes them worse. Walking helps. It makes me sad that he is going through this, but it has grown his ability to empathize with my position tremendously. I think he used to believe I was faking some of my lethargy. He was always so healthy and full of energy that he couldn't understand how a person couldn't find the energy to do "x." Now he gets it. He told me that while I've been gone this month he's done only one load of laundry and no dishes. Not because he didn't want to, but because he couldn't. I see the knowledge in his eyes. He gets it. Its like a revelation to him. I shared with him how I was telling our son (I talked with him while trying to download) how his father hates being that infirm. Ron interrupted to say emphatically that he does. I went on to say that I told Ryan that I get it, because I still hate how infirm its made me. Ron and I exchanged a look. Shared knowledge. 

I read for most of the rest of the day after Ron left. I had a very good night with minimal interruptions. I got up at 5:00 a.m., read in "Luke," and napped on the couch until the sky lightened up. After taking care of Rosie, I continued reading in "Luke." I have more questions now that I'm older and have had more trials than I ever did when I was young and thought I knew everything.

7:39 p.m.
I spent the day spinning and watching movies. 

Monday April 10, 2017
I spun and watched movies until it was time to drive up and get an email of tax info from Ron. I spent the rest of the day entering it. Looks like I'll be driving down to his office tomorrow to get the tax program updates downloaded.


Tuesday April 11, 2017

9:15 p.m.
Done. Thank the Lord! I slept really well last night. Something else I'm grateful for. I woke up before 7:00 and fiddled around until it was time for us to go. There was a spray plane and other toxic things on the way down. Those water leaks are also air leaks so I got exposures. The spray plane I didn't expect because the wind was gusting above 10 m.p.h.. Silly me. 

When I got to his office building, Ron directed me while I backed up to a corner were I could get shore power and pick up their wifi. I spent the majority of the time trying to get the updates downloaded. So frustrating. It kept crashing. Like 8 times. Finally a couple of the office ladies that use the internet at work left at 3:30 p.m. and mine stopped crashing. I double checked a few things and then went through the state section pretty quickly. I called Ron when I finished. He came out to the RV with a hard surfaced memory stick and I gave him a PDF copy. He took it back in to print it. I waited to make sure it printed out. Finally he brought the signature pages back out. I signed it. Ron gave us, Rosie and I, a couple of supplies that we'd forgot. He followed us to the gas station and filled up the tank. We left there at 6:48 p.m.. The light was already fading. It was raining and my "high beam" wasn't working. Since it was that special time when your chances of hitting a deer are vastly increased and I was driving through prime "hit a deer country," I slowed down. It didn't take that much longer, and I knew no amount of hurrying would get me back to the camp before dark. The last leg of the trip we drop off the top of a barren ridge and into a timbered canyon that threads its way up into the heavily forested Blue Mountains. Even though the clouds broke up and sometimes revealed a bright moon, it didn't penetrate the darkness at the bottom of the canyon, in under the trees. It was very nearly pitch black out when we let ourselves in the gate. Before we could even get plugged in, Rosie needed to potty. It was 8:49 p.m.. She'd been a very patient girl! I closed the blinds and put up the window blankets. I cooked Rosie's diner and rescued the plants out of the shower (it gets really cold in there). And, while I ate a little yogurt, I heated water to wash the dishes. I'm beat. I'm waiting to see if the yogurt stays down before I go to bed. So glad the taxes are done!

No comments:

Post a Comment